Swap city life for crisp Mt Hotham air and breathtaking sunrises to unforgettable 360-degree views of the surrounding mountain ranges.
Hotham is a year round resort, so winter-time means all your favourite snow-based activities are available and the summer sun brings out stunning landscapes and plenty of trails for hiking, biking and trail running – so there’s always a new adventure to be had.
People have been skiing at Mt Hotham for 125 years. Located in Victoria, only 5 hours from Melbourne and 8 hours from Sydney it’s the perfect location for a weekend getaway or holiday escape.
Learn more about Mt Hotham their official website.
The more you ride, the more you save! Lift tickets are available from the ticket offices at Hotham Central or online here. If you already have a Snow Pass card, you can reload your pass and avoid the ticket offices altogether.
To get a report on the latest Hotham snow and road conditions, you can get the details from the Mt Hotham Website.
After walking from the lodge across to the road, you can wait for the shuttle bus service at bottom of the Tanderra stairs (bus stop 8) which will take you up to the Village.
Alternatively you can walk across the road and ski along the Davenport Access trail to the base of ‘The Village’ chairlift where you can buy tickets. Note: This trail is only available when there is sufficient snow cover. Also being a trail, it should only be used by experienced skiers.
You can book ski and snowboard lessons at Hotham Sports (Jack Frost), Big D, Hotham Central, via the Mt Hotham website or over the phone on (03) 5759 4436
For your lunches you could do any of the following:
- Take your own
- Come back to the lodge and make your own
Make use of the many food outlets, restaurants and bars in the Mt Hotham village.
Save time and effort lugging your gear back and forth from your car by using Snow Tow. They’ll help transfer all your belongings in one go when you arrive and leave the lodge. This can be pre-booked before you head up the mountain.
Gear Rentals at Snow Monkey
Get a 20% discount on ski and board rental packages for Eiger members & guests.
Their team of retail and rental specialists will look after your every need. These dedicated staff will help you select and fit the skis, poles, snowboards, boots, clothing and accessories to suit your needs to help make your stay on mountain as enjoyable as possible. They also provide a waxing and tuning service for your skis.
Check out their website here
Gear Rentals at Hoys
- Hoys offer 20% discount on ski and board rental packages for Eiger guests (walk-in rates)
- Upgrade to 30% off ski & board packages if you book online (minimum 3 days prior to arrival)
- Early Bird special – get an additional 5% off if you book before June 1st 2023
- Get your 5th consecutive days rentals for free
- New Epic Pass holders hire specials – lowest offered rates
- Hoys is a family business operating at Hotham for over 80 years.
- Hoys @ Jack Frost is the closest ski rental shop to Eiger. This shop opens until midnight on Friday nights in peak season
- Hoys are the Mt Hotham chain specialist and provide a free chain fitting and removal service on the Harrietville approach for chain rental customers.
- Hoys offer off mountain parking in Harrietville and can arrange transport up to Mount Hotham.
- Offering exceptional service, staffed by keen skiers & boarders & pride themselves on quality equipment
- Check out Hoys website for details on all they have to offer, packages, pricing and locations.
- Don’t forget to mention you’re staying at Eiger to receive your discount.